Around The Dial – August 3, 2011
Economic policy reports, blog postings, and media stories of interest:
- The Washington Post reports on the checkered past of “super-committees.”
- Jacob Hacker and Oona Hathaway describe “an unbalanced democracy.”
- Free Exchange sees economic and political “distress signals” from the U.S.
- The PBS NewsHour seeks but can’t find “bond vigilantes.”
- Simon Johnson doesn’t find a balanced budget amendment a good idea.
- Naked Capitalism notes more flaws with the lack of industrial policy.