John Quinterno of South by North Strategies recently appeared on the syndicated radio program News & Views with Chris Fitzsimon. In the 8.5 minute segment, Quinterno and Fitzsimon discuss the problem of unemployment in North Carolina, its consequences for households and the larger economy, and the relative lack of interest in addressing it. Click below to listen to the segment.
In the News
South by North Strategies economic analyses have been featured in numerous media stories so far in June 2011.
- Triangle Business Journal: “Small businesses not creating jobs”
- The News & Record: “Guilford’s job losses shocking”
- Signal Hill: “Graduates face tough job prospects”
- Viewpoints: Radio interview on state of the labor market.
- The Winston-Salem Journal: “Obama jobs visit puts NC in national spotlight”
- The Times-News: “Obama jobs visit puts NC in national spotlight”
- The News-Argus: “Obama visit to put NC in national spotlight”
- WXII-12: “Obama announces jobs initiative during NC Speech”
- The Durham Herald-Sun: “Jobless rate holds at 9.7 percent”
- The Rocky Mount Telegram: “Jobless rate holds steady at 9.7 percent”
- The Winston-Salem Journal: “State jobless rate holds steady at 9.7 percent”
- The News & Record: “NC unemployment rate remains unchanged”
- The Daily Advance: “NC jobless rate holds steady at 9.7 percent”
South by North Strategies’ analyses of various labor and employment issues appeared in numerous news stories published during the second half of April.
- The Winston-Salem Journal: “Forsyth on track for another year of record foreclosures”
- The Asheville Citizen-Times: “Jobless rate falls in region“
- The Durham Herald-Sun: “County unemployment rate down”
- The Winston-Salem Journal: “Triad unemployment rate dropped in March”
- Yes Weekly: “Positive growth in jobs”
- The Charlotte Observer: “Production improves but hiring lags”
- Viewpoints (WTKF-107.1FM): Interview on NC Economy